Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!! New Organic Diet and Yoga Workout


Hey All,

Happy New Year, just wanted to give you guys some big news!! We got a new author joining the Get in Shape Tips community, she is a well experienced health expert, and a nutritionist first and foremost. She is now my personal trainer and nutritionist, and is planning to help me accomplish my weight loss goals in 2009!

To summarize 2008, I actually started this blog in 2008 calling it Get in Shape 2008, and my goal was to reach 250 lbs. Well in mid-May I actually accomplished this goal and was around 245 lbs, from 280lbs in January. Although I stopped working out and eating right, and gained most of it all back, to my current weight of 270 lbs.

So this year my goal is to loose even more weight, to get down to 200 or 210 lbs, is my goal for the year, and then maintaining a diet that allows me to stay at around 210 lbs. Hopefully with my assistance and co-author we will be able to achieve these goals in 2009.

To start off we have started doing Yoga every day (past 3 days at least). Also we are going on an ALL ORGANIC diet, because my co-author read the books Eat This and Live by Don Colbert MD as well as Skinny Bitch and she got tons of information on eating healthy, and how In-Organic food causes all types of diseases and cancer, because all food uses pesticides to keep bugs off of it; like coffee, wine, fruits, vegetables, and milk products.

So yesterday we hit up Trader Joes (all organic grocery store) and bought the following items:
  • Organic Sprouted Wheat Pasta
  • Shrimp Med. Cooked BLK
  • Bananas
  • Organic Blueberry Preserves
  • Chocolate Dark Covered Blueberries
  • Milk Organic Fat Free
  • Vanilla Whey Protein
  • 100% Blueberry Juice
  • Organic Baked Beans
  • Raw Almonds
  • Frozen Berry Medley
  • Frozen Soy Chocolate Ice cream
  • Organic Soy Cutash
  • Volpi Chianti Salami
  • Raw Sunflower
  • Premium Salmon Patty - 80 calories each for 18 g of protien
  • Earth Balance Non Hydro Margarine
  • Yogurt TJ Greek Style Blueberry
  • Butter Peanut Organic Crunchy
  • Organic Shreadded Mozzarella
  • Organic Brown Rice
  • Organic Lentil Soup
  • TJ's Mini Shredded Wheat
  • TJ ORganic Fat / Salt Free Marinara
  • Sweet Potato Spears
  • Centry Choice Steel Cut Oatmeal - Steal Cut is the only good one!
  • Eggs Brown Extra Large Dozen Organic
Altogether that was only $106!! I thought it was going to be $150 atleast!!

So we also got a smoothy maker, and we had that with the whey protein and blue berries for breakfast, and that is what we are planning to have regularly.

We will post more as we learn more!

Also HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: